Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Pretoria Go

A mate and I went up to Pretoria last night to play go at, wait for it, the Pretoria Go Club. Had a great time, like I always do. I usually travel there about once every two months or so, and that's not as often as I would like to. It is not that I have great games against top quality opponents, it is that they are a great bunch of guys. Always friendly, and that counts for a lot.

Despite what I taunt and flaunt about on this blog, go is not about winning or crushing opponents or coming home with stacks of trophies and pockets full of prize money. If it were ever to become that, I'd quit. Pack my bags and depart for parts lesser known.

Go is about friendship, testing one's intellectual and emotional strengths, and having a good time; win-win events, everyone goes home happy and satisfied. All appearances to the contrary, go is not a zero-sum game.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home